“Remembering Papa”

It’s been three years since my Papa past away, and this date was the day he met his unfortunate fate. They call it death anniversary, but why do we have to count the years when it’s about death? Why do we have to remember it when it’s about a sad story or incident? Why do I have to remember Papa when the thought of Him just makes me cry and miss him a lot. And why do I have to write about it if at this point tears is starting to flow from my eyes?
I still remember this day. I was having my lunch together with my colleagues when suddenly my phone rang and the name that was registering was “Papa”. I answered it “hello Pa” but it was my older sister Meng, who answered back. I ask her where is Papa, why are you using his phone? She said that papa left his phone and she started telling me that Papa met an accident and that his car was totally wrecked!! I started to panic and cry. I felt a shiver all over my body and my knees just fall down the floor. My colleagues calm me down and started to pray for my Papa. My husband fetch me from work right at that moment. We have to see papa, how is he doing. As we arrive home, I heard mama was crying, she said that papa was in the ICU of Jubail Naval Hospital. We want to see him right away but women are not allowed in the Naval Base they said. My husband called the boss of my Papa and suddenly he just went inside our room and didn’t want me to enter in. So I just waited for him while I was talking with my Mother. And as soon as my husband finish talking on the phone, I went inside our room and started opening my bible and read some comforting words in Psalms. My husband approach me on his knees coz i was sitting on the edge of our bed. He started telling me “Hann may sasabihin ako sa’yo, pero gusto ko pag sinabi ko sa’yo ‘to wag kang iiyak, magpakatatag ka,….wala na si Papa” Of course I can’t help but cry and i even slowly fall down from the bed again. My husband is stopping me to cry cause he doesn’t want mama hear me crying. Papa was never in the ICU, he was already dead upon arrival in the hospital. It was just their way of telling us about the sad news gently and softly…
 

Popular posts from this blog

Flowers of Rastanura

Migrating

A Mother's Day Card