Just About Lately

What I've Been Up To
Lately, the Philippines had chains of blows from flood to 2 typhoons named Helen and Igme, all in just 2 weeks. And recently, we lost an honest and straight politician; DILG secretary Jesse Robredo who was in my personal prayers since the time of the search and rescue operation of the plane he traveled with; a small four-seat, twin-engine Piper Seneca plane that crashed into the sea of the central Masbate province while attempting an emergency landing. A lot of people are hoping and praying that he and the pilots are still alive. But after 3 days, I read from twitter that his body was found inside the fuselage of the plane which sank 180 ft deep. As I read about the news, I sat on the edge of our bed and was silent at first and said a short prayer for him. I never thought that I would shed a tear for someone I never knew personally, maybe because he died in a tragic accident which is also the cause of my Papa's untimely death that happen also in the same month.
And while I was breastfeeding my baby, I slept and had a vivid dream about Papa, he is wearing a denim pants and jacket with a baseball cap on his head, a typical OFW attire from the Middle East. In my dream he is showing me our house in the Philippines which seemed to be in a renovation state. I told him that this renovation thing will cost us a lot of money so I suggested to make a funding loan through Pag-Ibig. We went to the office of Pag-Ibig to apply and when we were in the stage of signing the documents I suddenly wake-up, left with a message in my mind that Papa is entrusting to me the welfare of our ancestral house. I haven't dream of Papa for a long time now and as I checked my phone I noticed that it was the 22nd of August, the ill-fated day when my Papa passed away from a car accident.
And it's been two weeks since I last posted. This month has been a tough one for me and hubby, having chain of sickness. My neonate Shepherd got infected with impetigo. I am not that aware of this skin disease till my son had it, I was so upset and saddened because of  it. Just looking at his face with those blisters filled with pus brought forth tears in my eyes, he is just 1 and a half month old to be in a topical and systemic antibiotic. Truly a mother's ordeal is seeing her children getting sick that she can only wish to have that illness so as not to see her dearly beloved children in pain, discomfort and torture. It was a disheartening experience for me while I do the cleaning of the wounds on his face, seeing his eyes swimming in tears and hearing him wail that I just can't help but cry with him. My husband just can't stand what I'm doing that he only want me to put the topical antibiotic without cleaning it, he doesn't understand that I have to scrape off the pus and skin debris first before putting on the ointment. We were both disappointed that we can only lean on God's strength. Thank God Shepherd is now doing good, just a few rashes but he is now free from any infection and done with the systemic antibiotic. I was also thankful to God that this happen while I'm still on leave from work for it's really hard to get sick in this country where you don't have a relative to ask for support. My husband and I just lean on each other in this time of trouble by God's grace.
So after a distressing weeks, my husband had 3 days off and the kids are also in vacation from school for a week because of the Eid holidays. We decided to unwind and leave the worries of the past days. There's not much places to go in this country, considering also the hot and humid weather we have right now so the Mall would only be the perfect place to go. This time we went to Al Othaim's amusement center; SAFORI Land. Tender and Shepherd enjoyed the rides and afterwards we had a snack in McDonalds.
We also went to the beach early in the morning, took some pictures of Tender and Farmer having fun in the water.
And then we had a breakfast in Kudu where Tender and Farmer enjoyed so much because of its play place.
Now that the holidays is almost over, we are just spending the rest of the days in our home doing binge watching of some tagalog movies. Next week we will be back to our normal routines but we thank the Lord for the long vacation and the strength to survive the past weeks trials.
♥♥♥
QUOTE: Vacations are seen as an antidote to work. They are medicine, a remedy for counteracting the effects of labor.... Vacations allow us to be away from the job, to change the patterns of our day, to alter our routine, to reconfigure our actions and habits, to rediscover ourselves-AL GINI, The Importance of Being Lazy.


Popular posts from this blog

Flowers of Rastanura

Migrating